Architectural Thesis “The Unending Square: Disjunctions & Cospacing for Coworking” has won PAM-ZSR Architecture Prize 2018 in Part 2 category!
PAM-ZSR Architecture Prize is an annual competition open only to local architecture students. It is hosted by Pertubuhan Arkitek Malaysia (Malaysian Institute of Architects) and funded by Z&SR Architectural Ventures.
This year for part 2 category we see only a total of 35 entries from all the university. The award runs in a five year cycle and the year 2018 is the fourth year out of the five year cycle. However, it is rather saddening to know that the award would probably get discontinued if the number of entries continue to decline. Despite numerous complaints from the local student regarding the lack of support and architectural event hosted locally, the response and hype of the event seems to be lacking when opportunity is given for the students to interact, participate, and compete.
Regardless how much effort and money is invested into promoting interaction and architectural education excellence by the relevant authority, we as student and actual benefactor should show our support as much as possible.
The two main questions remain the same:
1. Why should people/student care about architecture/architecture education?
2. How do we make more people/student care about architecture/architecture education?
Would the answers get stronger or weaker as time goes by? it is entirely dependent on the effort and passion of the individuals living and breathing the relevant field within the current generation.
- Mar 8, 2019 PAM-ZSR Architecture Prize 2018 Mar 8, 2019
- October 2018
- Sep 25, 2018 Tamayouz International Graduation Project Award Sep 25, 2018
- Aug 5, 2018 – Aug 9, 2018 The SABD 20th Anniversary Exhibition Aug 5, 2018 – Aug 9, 2018